Baby showers are a lot of fun! And they don’t have to be expensive to be memorable. You can host an amazing baby shower on budget.
There are many ways you can host a cheap baby shower that is also lovely. Let me present you several cool ideas.
This post contains affiliate links.
How to Host a Beautiful Baby Shower on Budget
Best baby shower is the kind where the mom-to-be feels loved. Surround her with fabulous friends and family, serve some delicious snacks and treats and shower her with cute gifts.
Whether you are looking for baby shower ideas for boys on a budget or perhaps gender neutral ideas I think you’ll be inspired by these tips!
Lovely But Cheap Baby Shower Ideas
- Best Time to Host a Baby Shower on a Budget
- Cheap Places to Host a Baby Shower
- Inexpensive Baby Shower Decorations
- Baby Shower Food
- Easy And Cheap Baby Shower Games
- Inexpensive Baby Shower Prizes
- Baby Shower Favors
Cheap Baby Shower Invitations
No need to spend a ton of money on fancy invitations. Make your own simple invitations or use free e invites from sites like Punchbowl.
You can also make cute invitations free at Canva. Customize one of the many free templates or create your own with the free images. It is really easy to use.
Best Time to Host a Baby Shower on a Budget
If you host the baby shower in the afternoon around 2 pm no one is going to show up expecting a big meal. An afternoon tea is a lovely way to celebrate the mom-to-be.
Also having the baby shower right after dinner is a great option. Maybe 7 or 7:30pm
Cheap Places to Host a Baby Shower
Where to have a baby shower on a budget. A venue can cost a fortune but it is possible to find a place to host a baby shower on a budget.
What could be cheaper than hosting the shower at home. Baby showers hosted at home are also more intimate.
If you are a member of a church you can probably use the facilities free of charge.
3. Club House
Maybe you live in a condo or apartment complex that has a club house you can use free of charge or for a small fee.
On a beautiful day you could very well host the baby shower in a park. Many neighborhoods also have gazebos at playgrounds you can use free of charge.
5. Small Shops
Local small shops like ceramic or art studios might rent out spaces for a small fee.
Some non-profits might have a room or cafeteria you can rent.
Cheap Baby Shower Decorations
One way to cut back on cost is to keep the decorations to minimum. Decorate the food table and mom’s chair. Hang a garland or wreath above the gift table.
And as much as you can DIY!
Going with theme colors is often cheaper than planning another kind of theme.
RELATED POST: 33 IDEAS FOR UNICORN PARTY (a cute baby shower theme)
1. Always “shop” at your house.
Anything that you can use as a decoration?
- vases (wrap some tulle around them, flowers from your garden)
- paintings (would look nice on a gift table)
- candles (place on mirror squares or rounds)
This metal dream tabletop sign is from Home Goods. The butterfly is from a dollar store. You can create the look also with this Dream Sign from On Wood Lt.
The vase and the flowers are also from a dollar store.
You might also have a good collection of baskets like a cute wire basket that can be used for cards, advice for mom etc.
Music boxes work well as centerpieces like this carousel one.
2. Rocking Horse or Rocking Chair
Maybe you have a cute rocking horse or a kid’s rocking chair that can be used as a decoration. Place a throw blanket and a cute teddy bear on it and it will be an awesome decoration!
3. DIY Plastic Table Cloth Decorations
Cheap does not have to mean ugly. You’d be amazed what you can do with plastic table cloths!
- use them as backdrops
- cut them into streamers
- make them into flowers
- make them into pom poms
- twist them into tassels
- use as mom chair decoration
This baby shower mom chair is decorated with beads, lace, flowers, and a plastic table cloth. You can find all those in most dollar stores.
4. Balloon Bouquets
Balloons are also fun and inexpensive.
This adorable balloon bouquet is from The Party Avenue and they have various color combinations to choose from.
5. Baby Items
I think a super cool way to decorate the baby shower is by using baby items you can give to the mom-to-be as a gift.
- baby clothes: onesies garland
- receiving blanket milkshake (from Baby Binkz)
- diaper cake (from Little Home Mades) And last I checked the price was pretty good on this one!
- sock and washcloth bouquet (from Bottom Line Diaper Cake)
Roll up socks, washcloths, and onesies and make your own pretty bouquets.
6. Gifts as Centerpieces
You probably know at least one or two of the guests really well and could ask if they would like their gifts to be used as centerpieces.
7. Framed Baby Quotes
Those would be awesome as centerpieces or on the gift or food table.
You can find inexpensive honeycombs from many stores including dollar stores. You can find colors to go pretty much with any color scheme.
This 30-piece set has lanterns, honeycombs, and tissue flowers. The set of champagne, peach, ivory and white colors is so beautiful and will create the perfect atmosphere for the baby shower. There are other color options too to go with a girl or boy baby shower.
This cute bird cage cardholder was made by my friend. She found the bird cage in a thrift shop, cleaned it and painted it.
Looks really cute. It goes well with Alice in Wonderland Tea Party which would be a lovely baby shower theme that can be hosted on a small budget. Check out the Alice in Wonderland party ideas.
10. Mason Jar Centerpiece for Baby Shower
Beautiful painted mason jars from Whimsy Charm Boutique make awesome centerpieces for baby shower for boys on budget!
Cheap Baby Shower Food
Keep it simple and cute!
1. Ice Cream
This easy baby shower dessert is a delicious alternative to a cake. With a few simple toppings you can create a dessert that can be cute, fun, or elegant.
2. Button Cookies from Melangery.
Button Cookies from Melangery is another super simple dessert on budget. Sugar cookies with holes. Cute as a button!
Always in style. This popular baby shower dessert looks good and is easy and cheap to make. With the frosting and cupcake liners you can customize them to fit any baby shower.
You could make a cakeroll filled with whipped cream and pink or blue m&m’s. Or use strawberries and blueberries.
Parfaits are easy to make and they look amazing served in wine glasses. You can’t go wrong with brownie pieces, strawberries and cool whip layered in a beautiful way. Easy and cheap baby shower food!
6. Tiny Sandwiches or Croissants
To satisfy the “savory tooth” serve sandwiches or chips and popcorn.
Arrange fruit on a platter or make handy single servings by using little glasses or bowls.
If someone offers to bring food, let them. Nothing wrong with accepting help :).
Easy and Cheap Baby Shower Games
I have hosted a baby shower with no games (the mom-to-be’s request). No games did not mean no activities. We had a great time together making a time capsule for the baby, praying for the mom and baby, presenting encouraging, funny notes to the mom to be etc.
1. Special Song for Mom
If you have musical talent on the guest list ask her to sing a special song to mom.
2. Notes and Poems
Ask everyone to bring a little note to the mom such as an advice, funny thing about motherhood, a poem, a bible verse…
3. Time Capsule for the Baby
Make a time capsule for the baby to open when she turns 18. Ask the guest to bring items like
- comic book
- news paper
- notes and cards
4. Find the Guest
Write a list of fun, unique things about each guest before the party. Hand everyone a copy of the list. The guests need to either guess or mingle to match names with the facts. Whoever has most correct matches wins.
Or use one of the printables like this one from Hello Rose Paperie.
5. Nursery Rhyme Quiz
Write nursery rhymes leaving blanks. Give everyone a copy of the paper(s). The guests fill in the blanks. Whoever gets most correct wins.
6. Headband Station
A popular baby shower activity is making headbands for the baby. Many adorable choices for Baby Shower Headband Kits like this one from Luxe Supply Co.
Look also into craft stores and gather your own headband supplies. The headbands will be cherished by the mom.
7. Bandana Drool Bib Station
Babies drool. Especially when they are teething.
These bandana drool bibs are a cool way to keep the clothes dry!
The perfect length keeps them from covering the cute outfits and the absorbent layers of cotton and fleece keep the clothes from getting wet.
8. Pacifier Scavenger Hunt
Hide inexpensive plastic pacifiers from dollar store around the party area. Whoever finds most wins.
9. Fun But Not Silly Games
Games can be a lot of fun. These Sweet Baby Shower Games are sure to entertain the guests. In that post you’ll find some fabulous ideas for printable games.
Cheap Baby Shower Prizes for Guests
It is fun when the prizes and favors match your theme but that can get expensive. An easy way to make them work with your theme is by using your theme colors.
You could tie a piece of tulle or ribbon around the present and make a little tag that goes with the theme. The tags can easily be made in Canva.
Lots of little items you can give to the winner:
- Popcorn “ready to pop”
- Pop Rock Candy
- Gift Cards
- Fuzzy Sock Cupcakes from Happy to Give Boutique What a cute baby shower game prize! These would also make lovely baby shower favors!
- Tea Infuser (goes well with Alice in Wonderland baby shower theme)
- Shower Kit
- Nail Polish with a tag “you nailed it”
Cheap Baby Shower Favors
I don’t think anyone is going to notice or even care if they don’t get a baby shower favor. But in case you want to give one anyway here are some ideas:
- Decorated Sugar Cookies
- Hershey’s Kisses with a little sticker on the bottom announcing it’s a girl or it’s a boy.
- Carry on Bag for Travelers… from Adventure Begins Baby Shower. Lots of fun ideas for travel theme shower.
- You can almost never go wrong with chocolate and another fun idea is to give Hershey’s chocolate bars. You’ve probably seen the ones with pink or blue letters… Hershey or Hershey. You could also make a creative wrapping to put around it. Or buy a download file from O Hello Baby.
- Hair Ties: you can find some beautiful ones with a pretty note like these from Love Mia Co .
- Or make your own note and wrap one of these lovely ties around it
- Many stores like H&M, Old Navy, and Home Goods have pins of inexpensive and fun items near the checkouts. A great place to find creative baby shower favors or prizes on small budget.
Hosting a baby shower is an honor and you want it to be awesome but it does not need to cost a fortune to be a beautiful, memorable event.
Have fun planning and hosting a fun baby shower on a budget!
I have a baby shower planner for My Tuesday Therapy subscribers.
MORE BABY SHOWER IDEAS:
- 11 Gender Neutral Baby Shower Themes
- 10 Fabulous Baby Shower Game and Activity Ideas
- 13 Amazing Baby Shower Gift Ideas
- Fabulous Travel Theme Baby Shower
- Tea With Alice In Wonderland (A lovely baby shower theme)
- Sparkling Fun Unicorn Party Ideas (Another awesome theme for baby shower)
- Shower for Muggle Baby. Harry Potter Ideas to Be Used in Baby Shower too.
SAVE FOR LATER: