Baby showers are a lot of fun! And they don’t have to be expensive to be memorable. You can host an amazing baby shower on a small budget.
There are many ways you can host a cheap baby shower that is also lovely.
This post contains affiliate links.
How to Host a Beautiful Baby Shower on a Budget
Best baby shower is the kind where the mom-to-be feels loved. Surround her with fabulous friends and family, serve some delicious snacks and treats and shower her with cute gifts.
Lovely But Cheap Baby Shower Ideas
- Best Time to Host a Baby Shower on a Budget
- Cheap Places to Host a Baby Shower
- Inexpensive Baby Shower Decorations
- Baby Shower Food
- Easy And Cheap Baby Shower Games
- Inexpensive Baby Shower Prizes
- Baby Shower Favors
Cheap Baby Shower Invitations
No need to spend a ton of money on fancy invitations. Make your own simple invitations or use free e invites from sites like Punchbowl.
You can also make cute invitations free at Canva. Customize one of the many free templates or create your own with the free images. It is really easy to use.
Best Time to Host a Baby Shower on a Budget
If you host the baby shower in the afternoon around 2 pm no one is going to show up expecting a big meal. An afternoon tea is a lovely way to celebrate the mom-to-be.
Also having the baby shower right after dinner is a great option. Maybe 7 or 7:30pm
Cheap Places to Host a Baby Shower
A venue can cost a fortune but it is possible to find a place to host a baby shower on a budget.
1. What could be cheaper than hosting the shower at home. Baby showers hosted at home are also more intimate.
2. If you are a member of a church you can probably use the facilities free of charge.
3. Maybe you live in a condo or apartment complex that has a club house you can use free of charge or for a small fee.
4. On a beautiful day you could very well host the baby shower in a park.
5. Local small shops like ceramic or art studios might rent out spaces for a small fee.
6. Some non-profits might have a room or cafeteria you can rent.
Cheap Baby Shower Decorations
One way to cut back on cost is to keep the decorations to minimum. Decorate the food table and mom’s chair. Hang a garland or wreath above the gift table.
And as much as you can DIY!
Going with theme colors is often cheaper than planning another kind of theme.
1. Always “shop” at your house. Anything that you can use as a decoration?
- vases (wrap some tulle around them, flowers from your garden)
- paintings (would look nice on a gift table)
- candles (place on mirror squares or rounds)
This metal dream tabletop sign is from Home Goods. The butterfly is from a dollar store. You can create the look also with this free standing Dream Sign from On Wood Lt.
The vase and the flowers are also from a dollar store.
You might also have a good collection of baskets like a cute wire basket that can be used for cards, advice for mom etc.
Music boxes work well as centerpieces like this carousel one.
2. Maybe you have a cute rocking horse or a kid’s rocking chair that can be used as a decoration. Place a throw blanket and a cute teddy bear on it and it will be an awesome decoration!
3. Cheap does not have to mean ugly. You’d be amazed what you can do with plastic table cloths!
- use them as backdrops
- cut them into streamers
- make them into flowers
- make them into pom poms
- twist them into tassels
- mom chair decoration
This baby shower mom chair is decorated with beads, lace, flowers, and a plastic table cloth. You can find all those in most dollar stores.
4. Balloons are also fun and inexpensive.
This adorable balloon bouquet is from The Party Avenue and they have various color combinations to choose from.
5. I think a super cool way to decorate the baby shower is by using baby items you can give to the mom-to-be as a gift.
- baby clothes: onesies garland
- receiving blanket milkshake (from Baby Binkz)
- diaper cake (from Little Home Mades) And last I checked the price was pretty good on this one!
- sock and washcloth bouquet (from Bottom Line Diaper Cake)
6. You probably know at least one or two of the guests really well and could ask if they would like their gifts to be used as centerpieces.
Those would be awesome as centerpieces or on the gift or food table.
8. You can find inexpensive honeycombs from many stores including dollar stores. You can find colors to go pretty much with any color scheme.
This 30-piece set has lanterns, honeycombs, and tissue flowers. The set of champagne, peach, ivory and white colors is so beautiful and will create the perfect atmosphere for the baby shower. There are other color options too.
Cheap Baby Shower Food
- Ice cream
- Button Cookies from Melangery. Cute as a button!
- Cakeroll. You could also make a cakeroll filled with whipped cream and pink or blue m&m’s
- Parfait. Parfaits are easy to make and they look amazing served in wine glasses. You can’t go wrong with brownie pieces, strawberries and cool whip layered in a beautiful way. Easy and cheap baby shower food!
- Tiny Sandwiches or croissants.
If someone offers to bring food, let them. Nothing wrong with accepting help :).
Easy and Cheap Baby Shower Games
I have hosted a baby shower with no games (the mom-to-be’s request). We had a great time together:
1. One of the guests sang a special song to the mom
2. Everyone brought a little note to the mom such as an advice, funny thing about motherhood, a poem, a bible verse…
3. We also made a time capsule for the baby to open when she turns 18.
- comic book
- news paper
- notes and cards
4. And we prayed for the mom and the baby.
5. Find the Guest
Write a list of fun, unique things about each guest before the party. Hand everyone a copy of the list. The guests need to either guess or mingle to match names with the facts. Whoever has most correct matches wins.
Or use one of the printables like this one from Hello Rose Paperie.
6. Nursery Rhyme Quiz
Write nursery rhymes leaving blanks. Give everyone a copy of the paper(s). The guests fill in the blanks. Whoever gets most correct wins.
7. Games can be a lot of fun. These Sweet Baby Shower Games are sure to entertain the guests. In that post you’ll find some fabulous ideas for printable games.
8. Headband Station
A popular baby shower activity is making headbands for the baby. Many adorable choices for Baby Shower Headband Kits like this one from Luxe Supply Co.
Look also into craft stores and gather your own headband supplies. The headbands will be cherished by the mom.
9. Bandana Drool Bib Station
Babies drool. Especially when they are teething.
These bandana drool bibs are a cool way to keep the clothes dry!
The perfect length keeps them from covering the cute outfits and the absorbent layers of cotton and fleece keep the clothes from getting wet.
Cheap Baby Shower Prizes for Guests
It is fun when the prizes and favors match your theme but that can get expensive. An easy way to make them work with your theme is by using your theme colors.
You could tie a piece of tulle or ribbon around the present and make a little tag that goes with the theme. The tags can easily be made in Canva.
Lots of little items you can give to the winner:
- Popcorn “ready to pop”
- Pop Rock Candy
- Fuzzy Sock Cupcakes from Happy to Give Boutique What a cute baby shower game prize! These would also make lovely baby shower favors!
- Tea Infuser
- Shower Kit
- Nail Polish with a tag “you nailed it”
- Key chain flashlight
Cheap Baby Shower Favors
I don’t think anyone is going to notice or even care if they don’t get a baby shower favor. But in case you want to give one anyway here are some ideas:
- Decorated Sugar Cookies
- Hershey’s Kisses with a little sticker on the bottom announcing it’s a girl or it’s a boy.
- You can almost never go wrong with chocolate and another fun idea is to give Hershey’s chocolate bars. You’ve probably seen the ones with pink or blue letters… Hershey or Hershey. You could also make a creative wrapping to put around it. Or buy a download file from O Hello Baby.
- Pencils from Natty Michelle Paperie
- Hair Ties: you can find some beautiful ones with a pretty note like these from Love Mia Co .
- Or make your own note and wrap one of these lovely ties. around it!
Hosting a baby shower is an honor and you want it to be awesome but it does not need to cost a fortune to be a beautiful, memorable event.
Have fun planning and hosting a fun baby shower on a budget!
If you are still looking for a theme you should check out these adorable Gender Neutral Baby Shower Themes. And since baby showers need some entertainment here are 10 Fabulous Baby Shower Game and Activity Ideas .
You might also be interested in:
Save For Later: