School is out summer is in! Make the most of it. These summer bucket ideas will keep your teens busy and having a good time. And that’s what summer is all about!
This post contains affiliate links.
Fun-Filled Summer Bucket List
Get ready to have a super awesome summer with your best friends!
1. Neighborhood Game Night
Have a blast by hosting a game night for the neighborhood teens/tweens. All you need is simple snacks and awesome games.
Play a round of
- capture the flag
- ghost in the grave yard
- balloon stump (Pump up balloons and tie one to everyone’s ankle. Try to pop the other’s balloons. Whoever has his balloon in the end wins.)
- four corners
- dodge ball
Check out these Lawn Games.They are pretty fantastic. A couple of them work for a bigger group too.
RELATED POST: TOTALLY AWESOME BOARD GAMES FOR TEENS
2. Spontaneous Trip
Grab a map of your state or nearby area and randomly pick a place to visit. Or write down a few places on paper slips and pick one.
It will be fun for the whole family to go on this adventure.
Need some car game ideas?
3. Outdoor Concert
Many towns hold free summer concerts in the parks. It is a great way to spend time with family and friends.
Maybe you can bring snacks and a card game or two. Or just kick back and relax and enjoy the music.
4. Ice Cream Party
What is summer without an ice cream party!
It does not have to be anything big. Ice cream and friends and you have a party!
If you want to do something little more check out these ideas for a Fun-Filled Ice Cream Party.
5. Dinner at the Beach
Beautiful beach, delicious food, volley ball and swimming. An awesome way to spend a summer evening!
Play your favorite beach music and hang out with the friends. Make summer memories.
Go see the fireworks on the 4th or during a festival that many smaller towns hold throughout the summer.
7. Free Festival
And talking about festivals. Ton of options to choose from: music festivals, food festivals, film festivals…
Find a couple to attend. Will be lots of fun!
8. Outdoor Movie Night
There is something special about watching movies outside. Some towns have free movie nights too. And what’s stopping you from having your own.
Well, we all don’t have a big screen for the outdoors but if you only have a handful of people, get cozy and watch on a laptop.
Ask everyone to bring their favorite popcorn or prepare a pop corn bar.
9. Glow in the Dark Games
Summers are for staying up late and playing glow in the dark games.
Glow In the Dark Scavenger Hunt
- Get a set of glow sticks with connectors and various washi tape.
- Wrap a piece of washi tape around the connector (make one or several of each kind depending how you want to play the game)
- Make the bracelets.
- Prepare a scavenger hunt list for each player.
- Either asking them to find every kind of washi tape pattern or specific ones.
- You could also see who can find most different ones. Give minus points for grabbing more than one of the same.
Glow In the Dark Bowling
You’ll need water bottles, glow sticks, and a ball (sturdy enough to knock over the bottles)
Put a glow stick in the water bottle (the water helps to keep the bottles up so they won’t be blown over by breeze.)
Other glow in the dark games:
- Glow in the dark darts
- Glow Battle: A Light-Up Sword Game For Groups (A fun alternative to laser tag. For 2-20 players)
- Glow in the Dark Badminton
10. Bike Ride and a Picnic
Go for a bike ride and bring along a picnic lunch!
11. Amusement Park
Who does not love roller coasters?! Me! I just like to watch BUT many others love those rides!
12. Luau Party
Aloha! Time for some hula.
Gather your friends for a fun summer party: Hawaiian Luau! Put on your grass skirts, play cool luau games and eat delicious food.
RELATED POST: Host a Fabulous Luau Party!
Luau party printables from cool signs to pineapple donut toppers will make hosting a luau easy.
13. Star Gazing
Blanket and a beautiful star filled sky… that’s all you need.
14. Bonfire and Smores
Sit around the fire, eat S’mores and chat with friends. You could of course play glow in the dark games or flashlight tag!
Make the S’mores fun with a S’mores Bar!
Sure, you can make the good ol’ original S’mores but you might want to try out new variations too.
- Peaches and Cream: graham cracker, marshmallow, peach slice, white chocolate
- Cookies and Cream: chocolate graham cracker, marshmallow, cookies and cream chocolate
- Birthday Cake: graham cracker, marshmallow, icing, sprinkles, white chocolate
- Gone Nuts: graham cracker, marshmallow, peanut butter cup
- Aloha!: graham cracker, marshmallow, pineapple, almond joy
- Jungle Time: chocolate graham cracker, marshmallow, banana slices, milk chocolate
- Grasshopper: chocolate graham cracker, marshmallow, peppermint patty
15. Water Fun
Water balloons, sprinklers, water guns, sponges… all that fun stuff! Plan an afternoon of fun with siblings or friends. Play water tag, have a water balloon race (hold it on your head, between your legs, under your arms… see how many you can carry at one time.
You’ll have a great time.
16. Explore Your Home Town
Pretend you’re a tourist in your home town. Where would you go?
Visit a cafe you’ve never been to. Take pictures in front of monuments, statues, and landmarks.
Make this summer a memorable one. Take pictures of all the things you did on your summer bucket list, write down the cool things said and done.
FUN FOR TEENS:
- 6 Simple Ways To Make Teen’s Birthday Special
- 19 Awesome Party Themes for Teens
- 33 Party Venues For Teenage Birthday Party
- Creative Harry Potter Party Ideas For Teens
SHARE THE FUN: