ROAR! I have fun dinosaur party ideas for you!
I hope you are roaring with excitement. I know I am! Party planning is fun and what is there is so much to like about this theme. It is actually hard to pick my favorite thing about it. Is it the action-packed games or the creative dinosaur party food names?
It’s all so much fun!
Your dinosaur-loving kid will love this party.
And these dinosaur party ideas will make it a breeze for you plan one.
This post contains affiliate links. After clicking one of these links, I might get a small commission at no extra cost to you if you make a purchase. Read our full disclosure and liability disclaimer.
Dinosaur Party Plan
You can have a dino-some party without going nuts in the planning stage. After all, parties should not make you need therapy unless it is My Tuesday Therapy.
I can’t guarantee it won’t get crazy during the party with all the dino fans stomping and chomping, but having a plan will certainly help!
I’ll show you how to create a thrilling entrance. And some cool ways to label the dinosaur party food, and simple party favors that the guests will be happy to bring home.
This dinosaur party plan has everything you need for hosting a dino-mite party!
Choose your favorites, and you have your party plan all set!
Since there are so many, I moved the dinosaur party games into their own post. I’ll also link to it later so you can keep reading.
Roar! Come on Over – Invitations
What do the dinosaurs say?
I have no idea, but let’s go with “roar.”
These dinosaur party invitations I found are amazing. Pick your favorite and invite your pals… or your kid’s pals to a roaring fun party.
1. Stomp over and let’s party like a dinosaur!
Ready to party like a dinosaur?! I hope so!
Get your guests excited about the party with an editable dinosaur invitation from Helia Design Co.
This party will be dino-mite!
2. Crack Me!
The amazing interactive Crack Me dinosaur egg invitation from Crack Me Creations entertains before and after the party.
Use it as a decoration or play games with it, like dinosaur excavation.
The kids will talk about this unique dinosaur party invitation for a long time.
3. Donuts and Dinos
Dinosaurs are not only for boys. Girls enjoy the regular kind dinosaur parties or the tailor-made parties for girls: Donuts and Dinos or a Tea-Rex party.
Fun and sweet!
Of course, boys might enjoy a donuts-and-dinos party, too. After all, boys are known for loving food.
Order your donuts and dinos invitation from Lainey Jane Designs, and let the adventure begin!
Dino-Mite Decorations for Dinosaur Party
Enter the party through a fantastic entrance and devour food from a food table adorned with a balloon garland and guarded by dinosaurs.
Make your party unforgettable with a
- cool entrance
- amazing treat table
- fabulous centerpieces
- and other exciting details.
Doing those four things creates a dino-mite atmosphere!
1. Enter the Dinosaur Park
Though we don’t hang out at party entrances except when it’s time to go home, and we stand and talk for another half an hour, they play an essential part in parties.
Create a fun, welcoming entrance to set the mood for the party.
You can make an exciting yet cheap party entrance in various ways.
- a sign at the door (dinosaur crossing, beware of dinosaur, dead end…)
- theme colored balloons (green, brown, or whatever color you have chosen)
- artificial vines and leaves (this inexpensive set of 12 ivy garlands will come in handy at this party)
- themed colored curling ribbon or streamer
- dinosaur images
It is very important to hang them LOW enough for the kids to enjoy them.
Of course, that means the parents staying will be weaving through the vines and balloons, too, but who would not want to do that!
2. Dinosaur Balloon Garland
Balloon garlands! Can’t go wrong with those. They are easy to make and look terrific.
This dinosaur balloon garland is STUNNING! Imagine all the gorgeous pictures you can take in front of it.
3. DIY Backdrop for Roaring Fun Pictures
You can make a simple backdrop for a few bucks.
- You’ll need a couple of green plastic tablecloths. Or a crepe paper roll.
- Fold the tablecloths crosswise (the short ends together) and fringe one half.
- Tape the folded, fringed tablecloths to the wall.
- Add a couple of dinosaur images and balloons.
- Hang up a dinosaur-themed happy birthday banner or words such as roar, stomp, and chomp.
4. Crepe Paper Is Perfect for This Party!
Get a set of crepe paper and use it as a
- fun backdrop for the food table
- stunning photo backdrop
- table covering for the food table (Note: crepe paper bleeds, so protect the table with a plastic tablecloth.)
- or cut into streamers and use in place of artificial vine
5. Dinosaur Centerpiece Sticks
Centerpiece sticks are one of the easiest ways to decorate tables. And easy is the vital keyword here!
You can get this cute dinosaur centerpiece set from Big Dot of Happiness. It is printed on a heavy card stock and requires a simple assembly.
Print and cut dinosaur images or theme-fitting words like roar and stomp, and tape to
- small tree branch/stick (I really like this idea!!!)
Insert the centerpiece sticks into
- gift bags
- brown paper lunch bags
that are filled with
Or use them as photo props!
6. Dinosaur Figurines
Add excitement to your party with jumbo, realistic-looking dinosaur figurines placed on tables with fake or real plants.
Make it even more fabulous with these tips:
- Cut up or tear a piece of kraft paper for the dinosaurs to stomp on for an additional cool look.
- Add a few big rocks.
You can use the fun, colorful dinosaur toys for a less scary look.
7. Dinosaur Treat Stand
This must be the coolest way to serve treats at any dinosaur party!
Take a look at the dinosaur treat stand.
Serving food the awesome way turns any food into a dinosaur treat!
8. Plants and Rocks
Your party will already look amazing with the cool entrance and food table focal point, but you can add a ton of fun with a little extra effort and a few dollars.
You might not want to bring huge rocks into your house, but you can cover stools, boxes, or pillows with paper bags or kraft paper to make them look like rocks.
Bring your plants, fake or real, into the party area.
Hang up streamers, curling ribbon, or crepe paper from the ceiling (Yes, crepe paper will come in handy!) to create the perfect atmosphere for the party.
Dinosaur Party Printables!!
So, the ones I have for you a a tiny bit different than the ones pictured. But they are AWESOME and FREE.
Grab the fun dinosaur party printables and let the roaring fun begin.
Adventure-Filled Dinosaur Party Games
Lots of stomping, chomping and roaring going on at this party.
1. Dinosaur Egg Stomp
I can see kids loving this! Stomping on eggs!
Version 1: Dino and His Egg
For this game you’ll need
- inflated white balloons
Yes, that’s it.
Tie a balloon to each kids’ ankle. Use long enough string so the balloon drags on the floor.
The kids try to crack each other’s eggs while protecting their own. The one who has his egg in the end wins.
Version 2 and twelve other thrilling dinosaur party games have stomped in their very own post.
Explore the dinosaur party games and pick your favorites. Which ones will you choose: the tail whip? Digging up bones?
Delicious Dinosaur Party Food
Playing all those games makes the dinos hungry.
Serve them treats with cool names! And as you know, food tastes better that way.
Separate the foods into Herbivore, Carnivore, and Sweetivore, and label the food with fun dinosaur-themed names.
1. Dinosaur Party Food Names
Here is a list of dinosaur party food names:
- Dinosaur Burgers – burgers
- Dino Buddies – dinosaur-shaped nuggets
- Deviled Dino Eggs – deviled eggs
- Pterodactyl Wings – chicken wings
- Boulders – meatballs
- Dino Dogs – hot dogs
- Taco Rex – tacos
Okay, I admit, these aren’t all veggies and stuff. But they aren’t meat either.
- Dinosaur Bones – yogurt or white candy-coated pretzels in various shapes
- Dino Scales – chips
- Dinosaur Eggs – green and red grapes
- Dino Toe Nails – Bugles
- Dinosaur Tail Slices – sliced kiwi
- Stegosaurus Spikes – triangle watermelon slices
- Herbivore Cups – carrot and celery sticks in a cup with a dip
- Lava Cakes – lava cakes
- Fossil Cookies – sugar cookies with a dino footprint pressed into it
- Dino Eggs – candy-coated chocolate or jelly beans
- Rocks – rock candy
- Dino Kneecaps – doughnut holes
- Dig for Dinos – dirt cups topped with rock candy pieces and gummy dinos
- Dino Chow – popcorn, pretzels, dino gummies, candy coated chocolate
- Dino Droppings – chocolate-covered raisins or any round chocolate like Whoppers® or Milk Duds®
- Slimy Swamp Sample – green jello
- Fruit-a-saurus – fruit salad
- Swamp Water – green soda
- Volcano Lava – red soda or juice
- Fresh Water – water in a pitcher
- Dino Cubes – freeze dino gummies in water or juice and use as ice in the drinks
With names like fruit-a-saurus and Stego spikes, the kids will be devouring fruit instead of candy and cupcakes. And that would make the parents happy!
2. Dinosaur Chocolate Lollipops
Chocolate dinosaurs roaming on cupcakes or at the end of a lollipop stick will be a hit!
Save money and make your own with a dinosaur chocolate lollipop mold.
3. Easy Dinosaur Cake DIY
- Prepare your favorite chocolate cake as usual.
- Put some frosting between the layers.
- Scrape a little bit of frosting along the sides.
- Decorate the top with frosting, Heath Bar crumbs, and rock candy. And put some crumbs and rock candy around the cake, too, on the cake plate.
- I’m not a fan of toys on food, but adding a couple of dinosaur figurines would look awesome.
4. Dinosaur Cookies
Version 1: Sugar Cookies
Make sugar cookies and press a dino footprint on them. That’s it. Easy peasy.
Version 2: Chocolate-Dipped Cookies
If you’re not into baking, you could buy cookies from a store and dip them into chocolate and candy coating. Write “chomp, stomp, roar” on them.
Version 3: Cookies with Gummy Dinosaur
An even easier solution is to attach a gummy or chocolate dinosaur to a cookie with a bit of melted chocolate or candy coating.
Awesome Dinosaur Favors
Send the guests home with amazing memories and cool party favors.
The easiest and most delicious party favor is a sweet treat. Kids would love that. Some parents not so much.
Besides the sweets, I’ve got other fantastic dinosaur party favor ideas for you!
These party favors are CHEAP but FUN! Those are the best kind.
1. Dinosaur Figurine
In the games post, I tell you all about the dinosaur egg hunt game, but now all I’m going to say is that the dino they each find in that game could be the party favor. Simple and fun!
2. Dinosaur Egg with A Tiny Dino
Give awesome dinosaur eggs as party favors.
Each egg has a tiny dinosaur inside. The set also comes with cards with fun info about each dinosaur. This favor will bring smiles to your friend’s faces!
3. Dinosaur Crayons
These are so cute! Any little kid will be happy to get these dinosaur-shaped crayons.
Each crayon set has a fun coloring page and a label thanking him for coming.
4. Dinosaur Keychain
Keychains are awesome. You can use them for keys or backpacks. You can even mark your thermos bottle or lunch bag with a cool dinosaur keychain.
5. Dinosaur Gift Bag
Seriously, this is the easiest thing ever.
Put anything in a dinosaur-themed gift bag, and it will become a dinosaur favor.
Now you’ve got many dinosaur party ideas for the most fantastic birthday party ever! Way more than the 27 I promised.