Nobody is too old for Easter egg hunt. These Easter egg filler ideas for older kids (teens and tweens) make their day awesome!
Fill the eggs with these “not candy” ideas and let the hunt begin.
This post contains affiliate links. After clicking one of these links, I might get a small commission at no extra cost to you if you make a purchase. Read our full disclosure and liability disclaimer.
Use the small gifts mentioned here to create an Easter basket for your child. And speaking of baskets, check out these creative Easter basket ideas for teenagers.
What To Put In Easter Eggs For Older Kids?
I’ve collected here ideas for various interests and I hope that you’ll be inspired by these Easter egg filler ideas for teens and tweens.
Bring some bling to the day with jewelry.
All kinds of fun little things to choose from.
2. Hair Stuff
Most of the hair stuff is small and fits perfectly inside the plastic eggs.
How fun it would be to find a cute hair clip in each egg!
- hair clips
- hair ties
- clip in extensions
- headband (hair wrap)
3. Other Accessories
So many things out there that turn an ordinary item into a cool piece.
You can decorate sneakers with shoelace clips or add a fun zipper pull to a backpack or suitcase.
4. Personal Care
Your teen will be happy to receive a selection of these personal care items.
Though these are more on the side of practical Easter egg fillers for older kids, they will be well received.
- lip gloss
- eye shadow
- makeup sponge (pastel colors)
- eye shadow brush sponge
- lip balm
- mini nail polish
- summer nail stickers
- organic reusable makeup remover pads
- nail clippers
- mini hand sanitizer (1 oz)
- cool bandage
- travel size hair products
Add excitement to the Easter egg hunt with terrific Easter scavenger hunt clues.
5. School Stuff
Make the school day more fun with erasers that make your child smile.
Give her magnets with encouraging notes she can put in her locker.
- funny erasers
- page markers
- cool paper clips (no boring stuff here)
- binder clips
- thumb tacks (fun ones)
- screen wipes
6. Yummy Stuff
Treats don’t have to be candy.
Stuff the eggs with delectable tea or nourishing trail mix
- specialty tea
- delicious coffee
- flavor kits for water
- fun tea infuser
- trail mix
- spring sprinkles for cupcakes and ice cream
I love Teeccino tea. A great alternative to coffee.
7. Fun Stuff for Older Kids
And why not put in those Easter eggs some toys and fun stuff the older kids like.
- (sponsored) Design the coolest custom lapel pins. These are great if you are hosting a huge egg hunt for teens.
- bouncy balls
- emoji balloons
- legos (never too old to build with legos…)
- puzzle pieces
- blessing rocks
- craft materials like jewels, charms, leather string
- vinyl stickers for water bottles, laptop etc.
- pocket charm with an inspirational message (llama, turtle, giraffe, pineapple, sloth, firefly and many other fun options)
- brain teaser puzzles
- essential oil (a flowery scent for your teenager to diffuse in her room)
- webcam cover
- mini flashlight
- guitar picks
- pack o game (you’ll need a little bit bigger eggs for these fun games)
- drawer knobs
- movie tickets
8. Activity Ideas
Fill the eggs with fun ideas written on paper slips.
- self-defense class
- cooking class
- amusement park
- laser tag
- rock climbing
- escape room
Now you have 60 Easter egg filler ideas for older kids. What will you put in those eggs?
Easter scavenger hunt clues for older kids add excitement to the event. These clues are available (only in USA) at our store ShopRelaxedHostess.com.
Make Memories With Your Teen
Take a look at the Fun With Your Teen articles loaded with cool things to do with teens.
- conversation topics
- bucket lists
- DIY projects
- party tips
- things to do at home and away