Awesome Halloween costumes for mommy and me and candy, candy, candy… That’s what Halloween is all about!
Stroll the streets as family, enjoy the giggles and “trick or treats.”
These easy, cool Halloween costume ideas work for siblings too.
This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase via one of these links, I’ll get a small commission at no extra cost to you.
Halloween Costumes for Kids, Moms, and Dads
I tend not to spend much money on “wear-it-one-time” outfits, but I can consider paying a little more if the costume is good quality and gets lots of use.
This Halloween costume collection gives you excellent ideas and many of them are inexpensive… depending, of course, on how you define inexpensive.
Also, some of these can be done with clothes that you might already have. Just add a few accessories, and you are all set for easy family fun, making fabulous Halloween memories.
And, if you are the creative type, it won’t take you long to make these yourself.
Whether you are a family of 3, 4, or 5+, you’ll find brilliant ideas here!
Get costumes for the family and decorate the home with Cute Halloween Decorations For A Not So Scary Halloween.
1. Tooth Fairy and… a Tooth
You and your daughter will look adorable in tooth fairy costumes. All you need to achieve the look is white dresses and wings.
- beautiful wings for adults
- fairy dress for women, boho, lace, midi dress
- tooth fairy costume for girls
Make it even more fun:
- Insert a few white beads into a string for teeth and attach to your dress or use as a bracelet.
- Tie around the waist a tiny pouch and insert a few fake or real dollars in it.
2. Chef and A Cupcake
What would look yummier than the family dressed as cupcakes and chefs?
- Put on aprons, chef hats, and carry rolling pins with you.
- Dress the kids as cupcakes or cinnamon buns. Do it the easy way with a cupcake headband.
- Or the other way around, you can be the cupcake and your baby the cutest chef ever. This baby chef hat and apron set is adorable!
- Other fun twists: dress as a pot or oven mitt.
3. Arabian Night
Dress up as beautiful princesses ready for a party in Agrabah!
You aren’t limited to just dress up as Jasmine and Aladdin but can get pretty creative with this one.
Dress up as
- Abu (for kids, adults, NickyBigsNovelties, Etsy)
- Genie (for kids and adults, Amazon)
- Rajah (for kids and adults, Amazon)
- Magic Lamp
- Jafar (for kids and adults, Amazon)
- Dalia (Jasmine’s handmaiden)
- Jasmine (for women, Princess Rapunzel Shop, Etsy)
- Jasmine (for girls, Amazon)
- Aladdin (for kids and adults, Amazon)
This is a fun family Halloween costume theme!
RELATED POST: Take a Magic Carpet Ride to Aladdin and Jasmine Party. Lots of creative ideas for decorations and party games and activities.
4. Marvel Superheroes
Ready for an adventure with the Avengers?
This theme has many options for the whole family. It will be a great night of “trick or treats” dressed as superheroes or the sidekicks.
A fun mommy and baby Halloween costume idea:
- Dress the baby in a Captain America costume.
- And yourself as Captain Marvel in this skater-style dress.
And the kids and dad will have a blast picking their favorites from many options.
- Captain America from Amazon
- Military Cargo Pants (for DIY Captain America costume) from Amazon
- Black Widow (black and white outfits)
- Captain Marvel for toddlers and girls from Very Chic Baby
- Iron Man from Amazon
- Spiderman from Amazon
- Bucky Barnes for men from Amazon
- Falcon from Amazon
- Nick Fury (trench coat, eye patch)
- Sharon Carter (biker jacket, or vest)
- Pepper Potts (white shirt and black pants)
- Yondu from Amazon
5. Snow White and Apple
This classic story provides you many options for family Halloween costumes.
You can all dress up as dwarfs or go out as Snow White, apple, prince, and the evil queen.
Fun mommy and baby costume idea:
- This cute apple hat would look quite fun on your baby. She’d be the sweetest apple ever.
- You dressed as the Snow White or the Evil Queen could carry the baby apple around… or turn the stroller into a “potion pot,” and your little apple will look adorable sitting in the “pot”.
- Dad wants to join the fun? He’d make an awesome huntsman!
- Snow White from Amazon
- Apple Hat from SB Newborn Knits
- Dwarf from Amazon
- evil Queen from Amazon
- Huntsman from Amazon
6. Hula Dancer and Pineapple
Let’s hula! This tropical Halloween theme is great for siblings and, of course, the whole family.
Mommy can be a lovely hula dancer or a tourist, and the baby will make the cutest pineapple or a tropical drink.
DIY tropical drink costume: hot glue a straw to a colorful hat or brown hat (coconut), and your baby’s outfit is ready.
DIY pineapple costume: dress in yellow clothes and make a leafy pineapple top headband.
7. Mrs and Miss USA
8. Mary Poppins, Jane, and Michael
You’ll have fun strolling the streets as Mary Poppins, Michael, and Jane. Bring along dad as Bert or Mr. Banks. He might also like to dress up as one of the older guys in the bank.
Mary Poppins classic costume from Amazon
- Bowler Hat from Amazon
- Black Suit
- Red Carnation
- White Shirt
- Black Tie
- Yellow Tie
- Long Socks
They all wore more than one kind of outfit but the ideas above help you to get started.
9. Good Witch Glinda and Dorothy
Dance along the yellow brick road to the Land of Oz and pick yummy treats from the neighbors on the way.
These would be super awesome Halloween costumes for siblings.
- Cutest Dorothy costume from OLOdesigns, Etsy
- Tin Man
- Wicked Witch of the West
- Winged Monkey
Dress up as the always joyful Whos from Whoville.
If you have a hot glue gun, you could make your own antennae headbands with chenille stems.
To go with the Whoville Christmas theme, one of you could also dress up as a Christmas ornament.
Maybe you have a family member who would love to be Grinch and another who can’t wait to be Max.
Other fun Dr. Seuss-themed Halloween costumes would include unforgettable characters like Thing 1 and Thing 2, Horton, Sam-I-Am, and Cat in the Hat.
11. Traffic Lights
A super easy Halloween costume for siblings or family.
You will simply wear either all green, yellow, or red clothes. Or hats. That would be even easier.
Or if one person wants to be all the colors, that’s easy to do too. Just wear green pants, a yellow top, and a red hat.
You don’t need to limit yourself to the traffic lights. Make simple traffic sign costumes for everyone.
You could use cardboard and paint or duct tape to make traffic signs.
Make two different signs and connect them with shoulder straps to wear the signs, one in the front and the other in the back
12. Audrey Hepburn and Marilyn Monroe
Your daughters would look adorable, dressed as Audrey and Marilyn. A fun Halloween costume idea for twins too.
And it would be fantastic if you dressed as one of the movie stars and your daughter as the other.
Dad and boys might like to go as Humphrey Bogart, Cary Grant, or James Dean.
The guys will also find it fun to be James Bond Agent 007. They could put on a fancy suit, bow tie, and collect treats in a briefcase.
- Audrey for kids from All Dressed Up Couture
- Marilyn Monroe for kids
- James Bond
- Audrey Hepburn Accessories
- Classic Fedora Hat
Get groovy and go trick or treating as hippies. You’ll have so much fun with these costumes.
Any outfit turns into a hippie outfit with a vest or peace necklace.
Add a pair of colorful glasses and maybe a little flare to the pants, and you are ready to go.
14. Anna and Elsa
Maybe some are ready to “let it go”, but some of us still love Anna and Elsa and the other terrific characters from Frozen.
The second Frozen movie adds to the popularity of this Halloween theme.
You and your daughter will love gliding through the neighborhood as Anna and Elsa.
The Elsa Costume from Little Dreams by Mayra is absolutely gorgeous. Snowflakes, tulle, and satin. Can’t go wrong with that combination.
This is another super fun Halloween costume idea for siblings.
RELATED POST: Cool Winter Themed Board Games for Family
15. Pilot and Stewardess
Get ready for an awesome Halloween with these flight crew costumes.
If you have a baby or toddler in a stroller, turn that stroller into an airplane with cardboard wings.
Bring along the carry-on suitcases that you can use as your trick-or-treat bags.
- Pilot costumes
- Stewardess costumes for adults
- Stewardess costumes for kids
- Pilot costumes for kids
- Pilot accessories
16. Cruella de Vil and Dalmatian Puppy
Your baby would look quite adorable in this Cruella de Ville wig. The wig comes in various sizes, including adults.
And it would be pretty hilarious if you and the dad dressed up as dalmatian puppies or as Cruella de Vil’s henchmen.
17. Hermione and Mandrake
Your baby will be the cutest mandrake ever!
This costume idea for the family is funny and won’t cost too much either.
Get a Mandrake Hat for your baby and ear muffs and robes for yourself and the dad.
If you don’t want to spend money on a costume robe, get one that you can wear later. Harry and his classmates wore some sort of tan robes during the mandrake class.
You can also DIY mandrake hat. Simply hot glue fake plant leaves to a hat. Just don’t make it too heavy, or it will fall right off your baby’s head.
RELATED POSTS: Host also a Harry Potter Party On Small Budget. You’ll love the ideas!!
18. Toadette and Mario
Dressing up as Toadette from the popular Mario video game is going to be easy and cheap.
A Toadette hat won’t break the bank and is all you need.
Of course, you can make your costume even more remarkable by wearing a pink dress and a red vest.
Your son or the dad can dress as Mario and wear blue overalls, a red shirt, and a hat.
19. Hakuna Matata
Have an evening of Hakuna Matata and dress up as the beloved characters from the Lion King: Timon, Pumbaa, Simba, and Nala.
So many fun Halloween costumes for the family. What would be more delicious than dressing up as M&M’s!
Wearing “m” t-shirts is the easiest way to accomplish this costume idea. And the great thing is that you can wear these shirts even after Halloween.
Have a fun Halloween!
FANTASTIC FALL FAMILY FUN:
- Family Fall Bucket List gives you fun easy ideas the whole family enjoys (includes a free printable.)
- Fun Fall Games for indoor and outdoor parties.
- Charlie Brown Thanksgiving. Have a hilarious time with family and friends by hosting this simple Thanksgiving party.
SAVE FOR LATER: