Are you looking for gift ideas for a friend with a chronic illness? You have come to the right place. With these thoughtful gifts, you can put a smile on your friend’s face!
In these suggestions, you will also find gifts that cost you nothing but time.
I acknowledge that there are many kinds of chronic illnesses, so obviously, all of these are not suitable for everyone, but this Christmas Gifts for Chronically Ill list will give you some fantastic ideas.
This post contains affiliate links. After clicking one of these links, I might get a small commission at no extra cost to you if you make a purchase. Read our full disclosure and liability disclaimer.
Gifts of Help
- Offer to do grocery shopping. That would be so helpful and appreciated.
- You could also offer to clean the house or hire a cleaning service.
- If your chronically ill friend has kids, have them over for a day.
- Give the kids rides to events.
- Prepare freezer meals.
Gifts of Entertainment
- Books or audiobooks make great presents, whether comic books, romance novels, biographies, or fantasy fiction—so many options.
- You could, of course, read a book to your friend! That would be a great gift!
- Receiving mail puts a smile on everyone’s face. Buy a magazine subscription or send cards or letters regularly.
- Coloring books
- Craft kit, such as lavender bouquet string art, and beginner macrame kit
- Amazon prime subscription is another excellent gift idea for the chronically ill. With this present, you’d provide your friend access to movies throughout the year! Give the Gift of Amazon Prime
Gifts of Special Moments
Help your friend to participate in things.
- Does she love to show hospitality, but is too tired to plan and host a party alone? Help her. Or include her as a co-host for a Christmas party you are planning.
- Go on a relaxed shopping trip.
- Visit a museum
- or go sightseeing.
- Have fun with a Christmas lights scavenger hunt (free printable).
- Bake Christmas cookies.
- Prepare neighbor gifts.
- Play Christmas games. Fun printable games.
- fuzzy socks
- comfy robe or sweater
- mug, “sometimes you forget you are awesome…”
- tea collection, relaxing
- hug blanket with warm messages
Gift Ideas for the Bedroom
1. Laptop Desks for Bed
These adjustable tables come in handy when you want to work on your laptop right on your bed.
Anyone would be delighted to receive this beautiful bamboo laptop tray. It has a little drawer to hold pens and adjustable legs and is designed to keep the laptop from overheating.
2. Bed Rest Pillow
A bed rest pillow provides great support for sitting in bed. You can lean on it and get comfy while reading, watching movies, or chatting with a friend.
The husband pillow with a removable neck roll pillow comes in various colors. It is filled with shredded memory foam and has a comfy cover. And an added plus: extra covers are available for this one! This pillow would be such a fantastic gift for someone who spends a lot of time in bed.
Another lovely option is the Reading Pillow. It comes in two beautiful colors. And the cozy cover is removable and machine washable. It also has a convenient, durable handle to carry it from room to room.
3. Body Pillow
A body pillow makes it easier to get comfortable in bed.
The bamboo combination memory foam pillow has many nice features, like the Kool-Flow cover, that keep you from overheating at night. It is hypoallergenic, made using eco-friendly foam, and machine-washable. They also say it never goes flat!
Gifts for Health
- A gift card for a massage.
- A gift card to a health food store.
- Emotional support. Be the listening encouraging friend.
Gift Ideas of All Sorts 🙂
Your friend is very blessed to have you as a friend. You are taking the time to trying to figure out how you can bring joy to her. I hope this list of gift ideas for chronically ill helps you out in making a decision on what to buy.
Take a look at these fabulous themed gift idea collections at Relaxed Hostess.
Save For Later: